Friday, May 1, 2009

Joey meets Kate

We brought Joey to the hospital the day after Kate was born to meet her (plus I really missed my little guy). He was NOT impressed.
We tried to get him to come over and see me, but he was having none of that.
Eventually, we convinced him to come over with Brian, and he would look at her only while sitting on Daddy's lap. While he hasn't completely come to love her yet, he does try to reach out and touch her from time to time. And as long as he gets his own Mommy time, he can handle having her around.

3 comments:

Kathryn Palmer said...

Congrats on the birth of your beautiful baby girl. Love the name by the way!

Amanda said...

Becky and Brian
CONGRATULATIONS!!! She is adorable! I loved this post. It's just like Peter when he met Penny Lane. He was so shy at first. He loves her now and it's all I can do to keep him off of her. We are soooo happy for you both. Please email me your street address so we can send a little something for her. Happy Birthday Kate. I love that name.

nickle said...

What a beauty. I think all boys react that way. Alex was like that when Teagan was born, and Teagan when Abby Sue was born. I think it is the shock of it all, different place and a new little stranger. Alex was fine when Abby Sue was born. He ran up and crawled on the bed and wanted to hold her asap. So Joey should be ok by the next one.